10 reasons why you should be #Anti_Riseup_Summit!
Don’t talk to me about entrepreneurship in a country still suffering of its political issues along with terrorism.
Listed on this article some facts not just reasons to let you consider your next move for attending this Riseup summit again for any coming years.
1) startups are looking for some events which help them to network more and be known to market further for their service/products, well, we should be asking here, do Riseup folks helping you startups to do so?, do they offer you affordable booths rates? Do they giving you the right coaching sessions to market yourselves and your product/service? Or its only for collecting your money?
2) hey Startups, do Riseup folks giving you any benefits with the booths packages? Do you know if you had a good connection or friendship with one of Riseup team, they would support you with an investor directly and get a fund, just for the fact that you know someone there?
3) hey volunteers, are you enjoying the fact of being running the whole week or three days of the event with nothing but some meals and zero knowledge and all the credit would go for the Riseup folks stars whom turned to be each year tv stars and entrepreneurship idols in Egypt and you barely get thank you!
4) hey Volunteers, did you had the time to get any time for yourselves and attend workshops to gain some knowledge? Have you been promised that if you worked hard this event this year, you will join Riseup team and awarded with a job!!
5) hey attendee, did you wonder once why I would pay 475le or 600le or 950le as a ticket price for Riseup 2017, while I paid 92le at Riseup 2014 and 100le for Riseup 2015?? Is the reason behind this price raise is gas raises for example!! No it is not , explaining briefly the main key behind this unbelievable raise for students, employees or any category of attendees is hosting some irrelevant speakers list, whom hosted by Riseup team at fancy hotels and update the online agenda with some English names to be your speaker for this year. Now you knew where your money gone?
6) hey attendee, would you managed to attend all your preferred workshops?, well I think no, after you got your ticket, overwhelmingly you log in Riseup online page to create a profile and in a shocking way you only find all the workshops had been CLOSED!! Now, you have another dilemma to think about it after the price matter.
7) a quick question, is there even a refund policy that might pop up on Riseup team minds?!! As I know that when someone would like to refund his ticket after being shocked of getting 600le ticket and attend nothing!
8) When you trying to reach any of Riseup team people, you only find them talk to you in such a formal way and using those marketing terminology, ignoring how important he/she take the event seriously. The only response you might receive is ” we clearly communicating that workshops seats are limited and it’s normal every year that this would happen”!!!. Is that even for real?
9) investors, do you really really have the sufficient time to be sure and know whom would you fund from the startups?, I mean you had the time to know and study their business plans, revenue, scalability and all the business aspects?!! That really happening during three days!! Mmmm, I doubt!
10) Riseup team, listing too many many speakers, irrelevant to the startups business concern and needs would not help them or meet their expectations as it only causing them such a huge waste of time, money and efforts. Consider to pick some more relevant speakers, not to be your friends, not to your sponsors, not to be your potential business partner and connect them to serious dedicated startups whom keen to get the chance to get the knowledge. Selecting some familiar big artists names or Ex-Orasom investor won’t help a startup in a 20 minutes keynote to get a fund! If you really care to make it run effectively, use some social media for God sake to update the attendee before they Book their tickets if they can guarantee their seats at the workshops or It is closed already!
Last but not least, those whom still interested in spreading their products and services out and launch it, that won’t happen through that kind of events that consume your money and time for no knowledge or benefit in exchange.
Startups, get some effective business plan, and make it happen with some small easy capital at the beginning, then fly like an eagle later on when your business is not a child anymore. Grow it up, through real figures not some hashtags or 3 days events!